i met this dog on friday night really clenching my love for boston terriers. lola is terrified of most everything. but she has a blankie. and if you ask her where her blankie is she will run straight over to her tattered little pink (!) blanket, grab it with her teeth and then jump on your lap with it and chew on it. dear heavens. now i want a boston terrier! and she kind of looks like a bat-cow!!!
"The Alley" was (and probably still is) a magical place. I remember once when we had a weird and sudden power outage in the middle of summer...I set out to explore the "why" it happened. In "The Alley"...near Patty's lot and before the bizarre bird cages (Chinese pheasants?!?), I found a squirrel who had decided to play with the power junction on top of a pole. He/She/Whatever had knocked our power out and in the course of it all...had been turned inside out. It seared itself into my memory to this day. David Sedaris asks "why do you never see a baby squirrel?" I'm thinking they are observing their parents and thinking..."hmm...I think I'll just stay right here in the nest my whole life."
bat cow! ha! amazing
ReplyDeletelove!
ReplyDeletelove!
ReplyDelete"The Alley" was (and probably still is) a magical place. I remember once when we had a weird and sudden power outage in the middle of summer...I set out to explore the "why" it happened. In "The Alley"...near Patty's lot and before the bizarre bird cages (Chinese pheasants?!?), I found a squirrel who had decided to play with the power junction on top of a pole. He/She/Whatever had knocked our power out and in the course of it all...had been turned inside out. It seared itself into my memory to this day. David Sedaris asks "why do you never see a baby squirrel?" I'm thinking they are observing their parents and thinking..."hmm...I think I'll just stay right here in the nest my whole life."
ReplyDelete