Monday, July 14, 2008

Target Hates Women (but loves the color red)

I think Target hates women. There is absolutely no other explanation for the florescent lighting in the fitting rooms. It is their big middle finger to women of the world. "Oh hello ladies, were you wondering what your body really looks like? Ha ha ha (evil laugh) it basically looks like a pale, fat dead person!" But then again, I think this all stems from the bagel that i had for breakfast this morning. I NEVER eat bagels. My mom had this diet book that had pictures of comparisons of how many carbs different food items had in them. Basically it said that for ONE bagel you could eat an ENTIRE loaf of bread. That's how many carbs are in one bagel. So I pretty much never eat bagels. I much prefer eating something that would be very hard to compare. Like a granola bar. For this ONE granola bar... you could eat ONE BOWL OF CEREAL. When Rob is out of town, I inevitably eat poorly. I hate cooking (actually I don't mind cooking, I HATE dishes and I can see far enough into the future to know that cooking dinner means washing dishes too). So I make simple things that require few dishes and little effort. In addition to that I eat out every single chance I get. Eating out is pretty much my version of heaven. No dishes, no cooking, getting waited on, not even having to get up to get a drink... I love love love eating out. I have a friend in Chicago who is documenting every single thing he consumes for an entire year. It scares me to think about how many slim #4's from Jimmy John's that would entail for me. I've had at least 3 this month already. I know, I just had to allocate my expenses from my company card. It forces me to know exactly where I ate each day, with whom and how many times a month I have eaten pad thai (on average 4). Today I managed to stretch my company card funded slim#4 into 2 meals, splitting it in half and eating it for lunch and dinner. Mainly because I feel so guilty about that freaking bagel. loaf of bread. bagel. Needless to say, Target got none of my money for being so hateful towards women. Okay, that's a lie. I bought a shirt. But it was only $22. 



IMG_0252

IMG_1759

This is Jessup. He is the one documenting his consumption of food. If I find his blog I will link it. But the main thing about Jessup is his freakish multicolored sideburns. This was not done on purpose. This is just how he
is. 

IMG_0390

No comments:

Post a Comment