Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sky Blue Sky

My camera decided it no longer wanted to shoot in Newton. After the last shot in this post was taken, my lens stopped working. It might have had something to do with the fact that it was at least 95 degrees outside and oppressively humid, but I like to think it was telling me something. Whether it meant to or not, it made me pull back from the analysis of my childhood. I will probably never be able to pull far enough away to really see where I came from.  These shots were taken at Athletic Park, at the Newton "Blue Sky" monument. It was built for some anniversery of the Newton Rotary Club. It is pretty amazing in person. My nephew was playing a baseball game nearby, I didn't get any shots of the game because my lens broke. And unfortunately that also means no shots of the Mennonite church reunion... 


IMG_2417

IMG_2419

sky blue sky

IMG_2424

IMG_2428

IMG_2426

IMG_2434

IMG_2430

IMG_2433

IMG_2438

IMG_2440

IMG_2444

IMG_2449

IMG_2448

No comments:

Post a Comment