Wednesday, April 1, 2009

delirium

i am home all week working on writing reviews for my people at work. Working from home sounds nice, but the amount of work i got done today was miniscule. I kept getting distracted, thinking if i moved rooms i would be able to concentrate, kept having technical problems, etc. Didn't get out of bed (have laptop) until about 10:30 and then didn't get dressed until noon at which point I actually put on a dress and tights and then proceeded to sit on the couch and try to work for 4 hours. I don't know why i didn't accept the reality that it didn't matter what i put on... i knew i wasn't leaving the house. 

I've been feeling under the weather this week, so i have been taking it easy anyway, but i just had a thought that makes me feel like maybe i have a temperature. I just imagined if we were actually paid by the hour. Like if there was a little man who sat and handed over $20 (or whatever an hourly rate looks like these days) every hour. and then you took your twenty, folded it neatly, put it in your pocket, maybe said "thank you" and then continued typing. but then THAT means that the little man would have his OWN little man paying HIM by the hour and so on and so forth. oh man. it's so dumb that it made me laugh for ever. It has to be a little man or otherwise it's not funny. I also imagine a little curtsy happening when you accept the money... anyway, delirium, back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment