I climbed a mountain today. Literally. Tiger Mountain to be exact. It was an amazing experience to start under cloud cover, climb up through the clouds and come out on top of the world in a ray of sunshine. It was something that I'm not sure i would've been able to mentally do at any other point in my life, but it was so important today. Especially because I had a million reasons not to go, including being hung over. I just kept reminding myself that if I ever wanted to achieve anything big in life that I would have to push through the pain, and excuses. It may not be a huge accomplishment for anyone else, but for me it was very symbolic. Any mountain hike i have ever been presented with (larger than the peak behind the cabin) I have always gotten out of, tired, not in the mood, whatever. No more excuses. Circle of influence. Here are some photos.
frank...
Did I mention we were hiking for over 5 hours? We figured we probably hiked 12 miles!!! Not only did i get holes in both socks, you can see the indentations of my converse burned into them!
Wow. Now That's Bigfoot country. Those are fantastic photos,and it sounds like a pretty cool adventure. We don't have trees that big down here in Georgia. Neato.
awesome!
ReplyDeletehttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/102/292600963_00835740c1.jpg
ReplyDeleteWow. Now That's Bigfoot country. Those are fantastic photos,and it sounds like a pretty cool adventure. We don't have trees that big down here in Georgia. Neato.
ReplyDelete