Saturday, January 17, 2009

work in progress

I got a new dining set today. and two stumps. one ceramic, one driftwood. Things are coming together here. My mom has been such an amazing help. She is a great motivator. Tomorrow we are painting the bedroom and rearranging. I think we have gotten everything I need to live a self sufficient life. I'm glad to have some antiques, some target, some boutique, and a bit of ikea all mixed together to help with a new start. Someone told me that i would enjoy this part, buying new, although i doubted that, I actually have really enjoyed it.  My motto this week has been "do the next thing". all i can do is what is next. if i don't do the next thing, then i will get stuck on this thing. A nice "next thing" on my list (dry erase, of course) is a san diego trip. I have always had the freedom to make my own schedule and go where i want whenever, but i always held myself back from that. For what reason, I'm not sure. Fear. Guilt. Strange, the limitations that you put on yourself. So the motto for operation 2009 is Do the Next Thing. Which implies, keep moving forward. Which I will do, but not without learning from the past, trying to better myself. 


P1000865

P1000866

P1000869

P1000873

P1000867

No comments:

Post a Comment