Friday, May 30, 2008

Wind Energy

I spent today walking around Newton in the blazing heat with my nephew, Jerod. He is 11 years old and absolutely wise beyond his years. Within a 5 minute conversation he not only told me he agrees that George Bush is a bad president, but also that he heard that gas prices could reach $7 a gallon if the cost of a barrel of oil reaches $(insert correct number here). Wow, so we went on to talk about different energy ideas and what we will have to do to make things better (I kept it basic since he is obviously a very good listener and any made up statistics and ideas from me would inevitably reach his parents ears quickly- he is obviously much smarter than I am so I have to be careful). I took a few photos of our walk. Side note: we were walking to game stop to buy his brother a wii game for his birthday, in order to get there we had to go through walmart's parking lot. This lovely child told me hates walmart just like I do, although he's not sure why. 
side note: his little brother Kenton told me he wants Obama to be president, but he's pretty sure George W. was a really really good president. and if he could be president he would invent "free day" in which all things everywhere would be free. oh, yeah, he would also like to make smoking illegal (Newton just passed a smoking ban- even the kids are up on local politics here!)

Corn silk

one way

trux

wally

No comments:

Post a Comment