Monday, May 26, 2008

Dirty Laundry

Since the sun took a hiatus on memorial day, we took the opportunity to get a handle on the organization (read: messiness) of the bedroom. I have really never taken the time to put the house together in a way that makes me happy or represents me at all. Mainly it's been trying to keep a handle on the number of musical instruments allowed to be laying around (impossible) or just trying to keep up with sweeping to keep bruce from creating little fur clones in every corner. The first images are "before" shots. Since most of the people that know this little blog exists know that i have always had a "cleanliness" opportunity, especially when it comes to clothing (oh the irony) it shouldn't shock you too much. So in order to keep myself interested in this "cleaning" project, I had to turn it into something else. Because in the last few weeks I have looked at upwards of 20 design blogs, this project quickly became a bedroom "makeover". Don't think that as soon as the sun peeked out form the clouds that I didn't immediately begin suggesting things like, let's go on a walk! or let's go on a bike ride! Rob didn't fall for it. He was laughing at me marching around the house picking up this plant or that ceramic bowl with a concentrated look on my face trying to "merchandise" the bedroom. Is this what you do at work? Well, kind of. 

IMG_2312

IMG_2314

IMG_2315



Before I get to the "after" photos I want to share some of the things I discovered along the way. First of all I have 2 different prints that I seem to prefer in a vintage dress. Examples: 

IMG_2330

IMG_2329

and

IMG_2319

IMG_2328

Also while killing some time going to the Q to buy hangers (which I didn't need) I came home to find the most beautiful lucky penny ever waiting on the step for me. Check it out. Someone has put a patina on it! 


IMG_2325

IMG_2324

I just realized how much I love that color! It is the same color as our vintage luggage!

IMG_2332

At one point in the day I randomly asked Rob how many dresses he thinks I own. I had just counted so I wanted to see how miserably he would fail at his guess. His answer: 47. The CORRECT answer: 47. I told him he was freaking me out and to not talk to me the rest of the day.

IMG_2334

Now with all 47 dresses hung in their proper order, here are the bedroom makeover after shots.


final

palm detail

IMG_2348

necklace tree

bed

No comments:

Post a Comment